Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 3, 2011

Fresh plant


Fresh Herbs


We have great plans for a backyard garden this summer. We've finally found the perfect location and a raised bed garden is on Phil's project list. That garden will be used primarily for vegetables and herbs will grow in other backyard locations.

I love cooking with fresh herbs and have been impatiently waiting for the weather to turn predictably nice so I could get planting. Today I headed out to a local garden spot and came home with a few fresh herb plants. The kids and I planted them (somewhat haphazardly) and I started making mental lists of all the ways I plan to use them. Let's hope I get a plentiful crop.

A container placed in a bright sunny spot contains basil (enough, I hope, to make some Tart Basil Jelly this summer), rosemary (a favorite herb), and dill.


I planted another type of mint alongside my other flourishing mint plant.

And a shady spot in the rock bed seemed like a great location for parsley.



I'll be checking my herbs regularly and hoping for a miracle crop this summer.
6dukes.blogspot.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét