Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 3, 2011

Small and natural garden


Edibles in the Garden

I love this time of year.  The trees are full of new leaves, flowers are blooming, and the gardens are ready.


My little patio-side garden has been {perfectly} overtaken by last year's mint.  I'm sure it'll be insane by the end of summer and we'll be eating mint in everything.  We've already made a few pitchers of our favorite lemonade iced tea.


In the midst of the mint is a flourishing parsley plant ...



... and a small bundle of thyme, both returning from last year.  The thyme is small now after being cut right down but I have no doubt it'll be a big ball of bounty in no time.


With this beautiful sunshine, I couldn't hold off any longer so yesterday we filled up the patio pots.  A big tomato plant {with three tomatoes already growing} ...


... a strawberry plant {that I'm hoping won't be devoured by bugs, birds, and squirrels} ...


... basil and jalapeno plants ...


... and rosemary and dill.


I love watching these little plants grow into giants and produce a perfect kitchen crop.  This year I'm hoping to be a bit more creative in using the herbs and I'll likely dry anything remaining at season's end rather than let them succumb to winter weather.
source: 6dukes.blogspot.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét